Friday, July 31, 2009

Half way there!

Today marks the mid point of the chemo / radiation treatment. Yes! And its Friday so two days of rest without having to run to treatments. I am hanging in there. Yesterday was pretty good and today is ok thus far. Due to the ability to smell now, my appetite has improved lots. Unfortunately, my throat is very sore from the radiation so its water and yogurt. Oh well.

As I told Cliff Wong, the internet, my guitar and Netflex have become very close friends of mine. I have also been doing some light reading.

My older brother Cliff has come in from Hong Kong to give me a hand. Good to see my big brother!

Thank you all for the continuing support and thoughts. You are all tremendous people and I am fortunate.

Have a very nice weekend with yours. Take care now.

Ed

7 comments:

  1. Eddie:
    You are half way there--you are on the downward trend, caballero. Stay strong and positive. Fight, fight, fight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ed,

    Thinking about you a lot lately. Anyway if you haven't seen this yet I thought it was hilarious. A great parody... first time I saw it I thought it was real until I did some research LOL.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN_USnoJLuI&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Job Kiddo!!
    I think about you everyday! I went to Cost Co today and I think that counts as a walk around the block! #4 chemo is Monday and I too have noticed some great changes that make the side effects worth putting up with!!
    Hugs,
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ed,

    Just saw your brother, Martin today at Diablo Crossfit. He shared with me about you battle with Cancer. I have full confidence that you will overcome this battle, just like you have overcome others. My families prayers and thoughts will be with you during this time. If you or your family need anything, at anytime, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your encouragement. Regina, you keep going strong, I am proud of you. Stavros, I swear we were brothers in our last life. While we have not known one another for long, you have been super supportive and a true friend. I appreciate it brother! We will do a WOD together very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In our silence we fight the real battle. We try to stay up for others and that can be difficult. Take care of YOU. Hear the silence, feel the pain, learn the lesson and fight the fight.

    Big Hug and I feel it back,

    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ed,

    Sounds like you're keeping up your spirits. Nice motorcycle photo. Went for a ride yesterday through the Berkshires. Beautiful. You'll be out on yours again soon.

    Brian Thiem

    ReplyDelete