Sunday, July 19, 2009

19 Jul 09

Hello everyone. I hope that you are having a great weekend. Just want to update everyone on how things are going. The chemo this week hit me much faster so Thursday and Friday were pretty rough. Today has been good. The appetite is gone and my taste for food is still non-existent. This sucks because I love food. Didnt realize how much until now. I have relied on the feeding tube to keep my body filled with nutrients. Thank goodness I have this.

The treatment has really helped with my breathing. Before my left nostril was almost completely blocked which made simple breathing difficult. Now it feels wide open which is a good thing.

It was a hot week as everyone knows but things should cool down this week. I wish everyone a fantastic week and take care!

Ed

6 comments:

  1. Ed-
    Hang tough, my friend. Thanks for keeping us along this journey with you.
    Turbo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Capt Ed -
    Little progress is WONDERFUL! Congrats on that
    nostril!!! I love chemo! Cuz I do at times feel
    better than when I was really sick. Yeppers there is down time, just like with my tech work
    I use that time to mentally to prepare when things hit the fan, "The Mission" Chemo zap them buggers!!

    Key Kid/Capt. I have not told you how proud I was of you at the Service for the boys. You said many things to help me as well as my officers, techs and friends heal. What strength that took!! This other stuff we are dealing with is nothing.

    I am proud to be OPD because of you!

    Hugs Regina

    ReplyDelete
  3. BROTHER-IN-LAW, YOU'RE AWESOME!!!!!


    LOVE YOU,
    NAT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yo Ed,
    It's Sid. Though we haven't seen you in awhile, you are in my family's thoughts and prayers. I can totally understand the food thing myself when I went through gout years back and thought I'd have to give up my ribeye and wine. Thank God the gout was a one time fluke. Anyway, hang tough bro. If them radiology techs at John Muir don't do their jobs, you let me know...Actually they are excellent at what they do and you're in great hands. Don't hesitate to let us know how we can be of help, however big or small!

    Sid Saki Olivia Ian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eddie--
    Dont worry my friend. When all of this is over, I will take you to a nice steak dinner in China Town. Just like the good old days!!
    Dont give up. Fight, fight, fight!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always admired your strength! We pray for you every night. Keep your head up.

    Whenever I get a chance to visit, lets go back to the House of Prime Rib!

    -Rhea

    ReplyDelete