Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Wednesday 15 Jul 09

I am getting my second chemo treatment right now. The staff here at John Muir are simply fantastic. They take good care of their patients. This treatment takes up to 3 hours due to the need to feed me with lots of water. The type of chemo can dehydrate one quickly.

Wednesday are my heavy days because of the chemo and radiation.

I have been thinking ALOT about food during the last few days. Its because my taste of food have left due to the cancer. The radiation doesnt help either. I cannot wait to have a nice fat piece of juicy prime rib with a big potato (with the works) on the side. Perhaps some dim sum with Rick in C-town. A plate of beef chow fun sounds really good as well.
The only thing I can taste now is sweets. So having a bowl of cereal in the morning has become a treat. I will take it!

All in all, I am doing well. My wonderful family is taking such good care of me. My princess Chelsea knows that Daddy is sick so she often comes by and simply gives me a kiss. She may be four years old but she knows exactly whats going on. She knows to not jump on Daddy right now. Chelsea always insist on being the one to bring her Daddy a glass of water or something to eat. She is wonderful!

I am looking forward to the weekend to rest with the family and not have to run to the doctors or go to treatment. Being at hospitals, getting my arm poked with needles gets old really quick. I have been living a healthy life so to avoid this but here I am. Thats life! Lets handle it and move on.

7 comments:

  1. Thats's the spirit-You are truly an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chief! Hey remember when I got into a K3 back in the early 90's with then Reserve Jimmy Wong? I still remember you rolling up and asking me if I was ok. Your composure was really reassuring. I will never forget how cool you were. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Eddie. Keep fighting! Stay strong! You the man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there brother! That juicy prime rib is right around the corner, when we celebrate your full recovery. The rain-check is written.

    PL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll make you some of my special fried rice brother. Stay strong, you are doing great. Almost 2 weeks down...that's 33% of the way assuming we will only need 6 weeks.

    Martin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Ed,

    You are strong and focused. Keep it up man and if you need anything call me.

    DK

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep up the fight and never surrender! God Bless.

    ReplyDelete