Tuesday, July 21, 2009

21 Jul

Hello family and friends! I hope everyone is doing well. I am doing fine. This week was a bit rough in terms of overall comfort. The chemo hit me harder in round 2 but it has become better after a few days. I have lost a few more pounds. Tough to hang on to the weight when eating is so hard.

My bro Martin took me out for walks yesterday and today which was nice. Always good to get out there to get the blood moving and to be able to enjoy the nice weather. Equally important is getting out of the house.

Mom has been making soup daily. It is great to have Mom around taking care of me.

Anna and Chels are always here to make sure that I am comfortable. Little Chels went on a field trip with her school today to FairyLand. How fun! Cant wait to get better so Chels and I can hang out and do the stuff we use to.

Tomorrow will be Round 3 of Chemo. I cant say I look forward to it but it will be another session under my belt and thats cool.

Thank you all for the continued emails / phone calls. I love it.

Take care!

Ed

9 comments:

  1. Eddie-
    Stay strong. I remember when I came to OPD you were a pudgy sort. Then you worked out hard, became part of the SWAT team, got promoted (over and over again), and developed a strong physique (due to your discipline and work ethic which is helping you now). I know when you get over this, you will get back to where you were before if not beyond!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ed,
    That's it boy! Take that chemo one session at a time. You're a warrior, and don't forget that. Anytime we can take Chels off you/Anna's hands for a little playdate with Olivia, we'd be happy to...give you guys a bit of respite. Nat can help us set it up. You take care bro...
    Sid

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pudgy sort! LOL, that is about right. I must say, all that working out has certainly helped. I am not sure who typed the message above but thanks!

    Sid, thanks buddy! Chels would love to play with Olivia. Talk soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to hang in there-that washboard ab-look is coming soon. Make sure you keep walking and get outside-Keep up your spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ed,

    If you need anything just call. Once your feeling better you can kick my ass in ping pong like the good old days. If you are up for it I would love to stop by and say hi this weekend. Let me know.

    brian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello brother!

    I can't help but feel like this was all due to my bad cooking that weekend! i'm soooo sorry! Next time, I'll just make Italian food or something! HAHAHA! I hope you laughed at that... if not...AWKWARD!

    I don't want to get all cheesy with you at the moment....i know that will come in time. you know how sensitive i am! Just know that if you want a good laugh just think of my face looking at your face and you will bust up laughing as you normally do! I think you may have given me a complex!

    I think of you daily...yes, that's right! Daily! I may be thinking of you more than i do my own husband! but for different reasons of course. I pray for you and your family and i know deep down in my heart that you are going to make a full recovery. Sometimes it's not just the physical help you get but the mental and emotional support you are given... And brother... you have that!

    Now that i know you have this blog i will be in touch a lot more! Much love to Anna, Chels, and my dear chow fun friend who i love and adore!

    Sylvia and family

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ed,
    We just heard about your cancer last week. We're thinking about you and the family all the time and hoping that you are taking your treatments well. We'll keep checking back reglarly to see how you're doing and I'm sure Eileen will be talking to Anna. Take care.
    Love, The Nekota's

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ed,

    Everytime I check in on your blog, I hear you in high spirits. Keep it up. I know you'll get through this. You are so fortunate to have such a close group of people who love and care about you.

    Brian Thiem

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eddy:
    hang in there buddy, we all at Amigos Soccer Club are behind you.
    Tomas M.

    ReplyDelete