Tuesday, July 28, 2009

28 Jul Tuesday

Good morning family and friends. I hope that you all are doing great and that you had a good weekend. I am doing fine. A couple of days ago, my ability to smell things came back and it has improved daily. This is nice. To smell home cooking, fragrance, the outdoors....wow! Martin and I took a walk yesterday and I even detected some dog poop. LOL

With that, my throat is hurting pretty good from the radiation. It is hard to swallow even water. I had a hard time sleeping last night due to this. The doctors did give me some mouth wash to help with this.

So, like anything else in life, we have to take the good as well as the bad. I know that this is the part of the recovery process so trying to just focus on that.

I just want to thank my family for taking such great care of me. Mom comes over daily to make soup and to attend to my needs. Martin...my awesome twin has been driving me to all of my appointments. He has been so accommodating. Many of you dont know this but he took a leave of absence from his work to take care of me. Thanks bro. My wife Anna and my baby Chelsea, you give me strength to bear through the daily treatments. Thank you for all that you have done for me. I am looking forward to our future together as a family and I love you both so much. Nat and the kids, thank you for the rides and always checking up on me. Thank you for taking care of Chels so Anna can catch up with things. Nihra, you too. Thanks for taking Chels out on the weekends! Tom and Atchi, thank you for coming over to see me and taking care of the princess. She loves you guys so much. I have such a great family.

Ok gang, thats it for now. Take care and have a great day.

8 comments:

  1. Ed

    Thanks for the update. The half-way mark is here, The finish line is within sight. Keep up the good work and the positive spirit. You are an inspiration to all.

    Pete L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there!

    I'm glad to hear you are doing well. You give me strength. It's been tough around here with some things going on but I think of you and what you are enduring and you just give me strength. I appreciate you and love you bro!

    Syl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Pete and Syl. Your support helps believe me! Sister, whats up? You need me to bring my boys in blue to SAC town and take care of a few peeps? Then again, they may laugh when they my skinny self right now...heehee. Give me a couple of months ok? Take care and love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brian Thiem - my brother warrior. Please send me an email at et3L82@mac.com so we can chat. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eddie:
    Don't forget you have an OPD family you can lean on too. We are here to help you, brother.
    I remember a 940B I was in back in the day when we were squad mates out East. I called for help because I could not do it alone and was overwhelmed. The cavalry responded (you were one of the first to arrive with the heat) and all was good.
    Things haven't changed, warrior brother. We are here to help by any means necessary. Fight, fight, fight!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello TraceDogggggg !!!! Thanks for keeping us in the loop. I know this journey must be so hard for you and your family. Know that YOU are always on my mind and I'm praying for your fast recovery. We miss you here at OPD but your health is most important. Take care and like I said before, ANYTHING you need, all you gat to do is call me ok.

    Eddy Bermudez

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Eddie, Brian and my anonymous friend. It feels great to know that all of you have my 6 covered. It seriously gives me strength in my recovery efforts. I look forward to getting back to work to do what I do. I miss the great people there. Meanwhile, I will rest, drink and take in my canned liquid food.

    It was tough tonight since Pizza was around the house!!! Cant wait.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Ed, just wanted to know that Walt and I are still there for you. You are in our thoughts and prayers every day. It is awesome that you are past the half way point. Hang in there and soon it will be a memory.
    Carol and Walt R.

    ReplyDelete