Sunday, August 9, 2009

9 Aug - Update

Hello family and friends. I hope that you are all well. Just an update to let you know that I am doing fine. The treatment is coming along. I cant say that it gets any easier but no one said that this was going to be easy right.

My weight has remained somewhat stable (164 or so). Six cans of high protein / nutrients everyday. I REALLY miss eating. I think I have mentioned this before! Sorry! The sores in my mouth is under control thanks to some ointment prescribed by one of my doctors. Besides that, just dealing with the fatigue from the Chemo. I feel pretty good today.

The blood count so far have been good allowing me to continue the chemo treatment. Both of my doctors are happy with the way my body is handling all of this. I have to attribute this to all of the working out and good diet during the last couple of years. Cant wait to get back into my workout routines and getting outdoors!

Thank you Trish, Lola and Al for coming by to see me this weekend.

Ok, take care everyone!

Ed

5 comments:

  1. Eddie-
    No doubt you are fighting back strong because of your intense physical training and strict diet. We are glad to see that you are so positive.
    Just like in patrol, you always saw things in a positive light--always the optimist. Whenever we got served a sh*t sandwich, you could be counted on to say, "At least it is on a porcelain plate." Then do what you had to do, the OPD way. Yes!! Fight, fight, fight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Ed, great to hear things are progressing nicely. I know you miss eating so just know that when you're ready you have another big Korean Feast waiting for ya in the south bay!!!:) Stay strong buddy & see you soon!!

    GT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ed,

    Sounds like you're doing great--under the circumstances. I do recall those rare times on 3rd watch when Frank Lowe, you and I took time for an 8A together. You were as skilled and passionate in the art of eating as many other aspects of your life.

    Brian Thiem

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kiddo!
    Went for a walk today out at Point Richmond with my dog pack. Hearing the waves hit the rocks was wonderful!! It has been a bit since I've been out there. I thought of the waves cleansing the buggers out of us and the wind sending blessings your way. Chemo #5 in the am. The side effects are hanging in a little longer now but the drugs are doing their job!

    Hugs,

    Regina

    ReplyDelete