Sunday, August 23, 2009

A nice quiet Sunday

Hello everyone. Just dropping a note to let you know that I am doing well today. The energy has been good and all of the side effects from the treatment are minimal. Enjoying a nice quiet Sunday with my ladies. I am going to get into my garage and do some light rowing to get the blood moving. Did some pushups yesterday.

Got news that one of our veteran police officers committed suicide over the weekend. What a tragedy. This guy was solid and a real character. Not sure what drove him to such desperate measures but I know that he is in heaven now and at peace. I will miss him.

Life is so precious isnt it? Go enjoy every minute and dont sweat the small stuff.

Ok, last week of radiation! This is great because my face will finally get a chance to recover. I hope to get my taste back soon. The blisters in the mouth, burning of my neck skin and tingling feeling on the left side of my face will soon improve.

Thanks for all of your prayers, support and love. Have a good one everybody.

Ed

6 comments:

  1. Hi Ed!
    Jon, Ethan and I wanted to let you know we are thinking of you! So good to know you are doing well, staying strong and getting through this! We can't wait to see you again, get the kids together, maybe even some more dancing at Shbooms! That was FUN:) We are glad to be able to keep in touch on your blog...All our love to you and the family...

    Take care,
    eileen, jon & ethan nekota

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Eileen! Looking forward to a get together soon ok? Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eddie:
    Yes, i am glad the hard part of your ordeal is over and you can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
    Eddie, fight, fight, fight!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ed,
    I just heard. I am here now brotha. I will always be tninking about you. You are amazing and an inspiration. If you need anything, just holler.

    Johnny L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bro L from another motha? Oh man, how are you bro. I will give you a call this weekend when my throat is better. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete