Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A man name Charlie, last session and safe journey

My brothers took me to get a haircut this morning since it was getting long and the radiation did a number to the back of my head. We went to a place in Downtown Danville. Old school barber shop where everyone knows one another and a Vietnamese barber name Charlie. Nice guy who took good care of me. I bumped into Eddie Poulson who saw me going in to the shop. He stopped by and cracked a joke about my bowl style haircut. Ed never changes.

LAST RADIATION SESSION TODAY! Yes, yes and yes. The staff at the hospital have been tremendous and they sent me off with a certificate and some chocolate. Doctor Masullo was very happy for me and gave me a hug. I tell you what, John Muir hospital has some great people working there. Now its time to let my face get a chance to heal. Yes!

With my last radiation session behind me, my older brother Cliff will be leaving back to Hong Kong tonight. It has been great having both of my bros supporting me through all of this. These guys drove me everywhere, waited patiently and attended to my needs. Thanks guys! I am forever grateful. Cliff, have a safe ride home and see you soon big brother.

So now what you ask. I get a break from treatments for a month. This will be time for me to get my strength back. I have 3 chemo sessions (once a month) to undergo. This is mainly to lessen the chance of the cancer from returning and spreading. There will be a MRI in the next couple of months to make sure we got everything.

Until then, I will rest and recover. I thank you all for your continued support and love. I know that your prayers have helped me through all of this. Thank you!

Ed

8 comments:

  1. Eddie: Code 4, Code 34. Fight, fight, fight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news brotha!!!! Now REST and enjoy precious time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ed,
    Way to go--I knew you'd make it. Your journey takes me back to my time. You and I have so much to be grateful for, to include the early diagnosis, the medical technology that not too long ago did not exist, and our ability and willingness to do what was necessary to survive.

    There will be a day when the docs tell you that for logical purposes your cancer is gone, and then you can be another cancer survivor who can share his experience, strengh and hope with others when they have to go through the same thing.

    Take it easy and congratulations on the completion of this phase.

    Brian Thiem

    ReplyDelete
  4. What can I say? Except I am so proud of you!
    I was at Eastmont the other day and know I saw you happy little spirit in the hall. I also saw in town that the MB Center, that huge, old, two story shopping center, like your cancer is GONE!!! Reduced to rubble! With interesting changes life moves on.

    #6 chemo on Monday. Can't waiit to see the side effect(s) from this one. The last one has made my chin and jaw feel itchy like there ia a beard there!? Okay bowl hair cut boy there is a joke there but blonde cancer chick
    don't get it.

    Hugs with a pat on the back!

    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ed-

    Proud of you bro. I'm usually around on weekends and weekday evenings if you ever need a ride somewhere. Don't be afraid to ask!

    brian monighetti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to hear that you have completed the toughtest part of your road to recovery. Your strength is an inspiration to all of us. Fight the good fight. Now you can begin some light workouts!
    I can't believe Ed had the nerve to comment on your hair. I think short and shredded best describes his hairdo and dosen't even have radiation and chemo to blame!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Howdy Kid!
    I had my follow up ct scan Thu. No harm. No foul. Meaning it is the same. No new growth and the buggers have not gotten bigger. In cancer talk this is good! So onward with the chemo! I have adapted to most of the side effects and hope to get back to work soon! Can't wait to see you there and get a long over due hug!

    Cheers,

    Regina

    ReplyDelete