Sunday, September 20, 2009

20 Sep 09

Hello everyone. Sorry for not posting for some time. I am doing ok. Went through the first of three remaining Super Chemo sessions last week which was a bit rough. Its the same chemo treatment as before but afterwards, I have to stay connected to a portable chemo pump for four days. This thing slowly drips chemo into my bloodstream over those days. It is a pain in the butt to carry around and just not fun to have with you at all times. Did I mention not being able to take a shower?

The good news is that one session is now behind me with two to go.

My energy is a bit low right now but it should improve in a few days. Still not able to eat solid food yet but looking forward to it.

Thats it for now. Take care all!

Go Steelers!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kiddo -
    I have "My Buddy", the pump for two days. I have a nifty holder that fits around my waist. For a shower I hang the holder from the shower rod and use a hand held shower head. I'll use the sink for my hair. There is no way I can go without a daily shower. Sometimes I think the pump is there when it is not! I like seeing the balloon inside shrink and knowing the buggers are getting zapped!

    You are doing a great job of taking care of you! I don't know if helps but even if you can eat solid food it is often a challenge cause you don't feel like eating, nothing sounds or taste good so I go for the Ensure.

    BUT when you are ready to eat look out! And no one should be in your way!! You are almost there!! Take note that your portion sizes have changed no matter what your brain says!

    Hugs to you and your wonderful family,

    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ed,
    I just got your blog from Cliff, I've just got caught up reading your progress, I'm glad you are getting strong again, my prayers have been with you ever since. Hope to see you soon, BTW, when you can eat solid food let me be the first to grant you whatever and where ever you may want to eat! (this is afterall, my area of specialty!)
    BTW, I'm currently in going thru backgrounds w/SJPD, my background officer id Jennifer Biebel, perhaps you may have already rec'd her questionaire packet? In anycase, don't sweat it if you can't respond, I should be the least of your concerns right now, just get well, get well, and get well!

    Take good care,
    many blessings to you
    namo omi-to-fu,

    Ronn Chu
    510 318 0022

    ReplyDelete