Friday, November 6, 2009

Doctor made a mistake

Hi all. Got a call from the Doctor today and guess what? He made a mistake. His call with the good news on Tuesday was apparently premature. He read the wrong scan and told me that the tumor was gone. He realized the mistake today when he read the correct report and called me.

I was very disappointed to hear this as you can imagine. He heard an earful from me. With that said, this Doctor has been very good and I like him. He made an honest mistake and only wanted to provide me with good news.

As far as the scan report goes, it shows that the tumor has shrunk by 75% and it is less active by 50%. This is very good progress. It is right on course. While I originally elected to skip my last chemo session, I will now go through it on Monday. This will be my last session.

Of course this sets my entire recovery process back a month but what can I do but to keep fighting strong? The answer is clear.

Life is full of curve balls isnt it?

I thank my wife Anna for being so strong. She took this news well and is keeping a positive attitude. What a lady! Thanks to my family for their love and support. All my friends who have called and emailed....THANK YOU. I am blessed to have all of you in my life. Take care all.

Ed

2 comments:

  1. Progress, progress, the Good Guy is winning!!
    I had to skip a couple of chemo sessions because of a low white cell count. Bummed me out but have been back on track for a couple of treatments. Chemo is my friend.

    Wow how far you have come! The next turn in the road will make you more of a man than you already are with such a insight to the human body, mind and spirit.

    Take care and God Bless (Oh he has with that family of yours!)

    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kiddo!

    Happy New Years! Both of them! What is going on?? I hope all is well.

    Thinking and praying for you,

    Regina

    ReplyDelete